Thursday, October 29, 2009

Knoxville gets less musical



I've been living in Knoxville for about three years now and one thing that I immediately noticed (and was surprised by) was the music scene. Even in the last three years since I have been here, a few new venues have sprung up thus attracting even more acts to the city to perform. People in and around Knoxville love their music, and being from Detroit, I definitely can appreciate that.

People in Knoxville love their music so much that the Knoxville News Sentinel erected (ha) the statue in the picture Downtown in the mid 80's as a way to pay respect to Knoxville's love of the arts. Next week this statue is coming down and it has surprisingly caused a little bit of a stir around town.

How does this relate to running? Well, in my 3 months living downtown, and running 3-4 times a week, I've ran by this statue every time and never noticed it. It was after someone told me where the statue was that I figured out it was right on my running path. And I never noticed it. So um.....yeah. I guess I won't miss it?

4 comments:

institute of lraqi scholars & academician said...

thanks for your work

web search said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts

arabic search said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article

4mp4.net said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts